Red Diesel Rules
The rules around using red diesel are strict, and before you go ahead and use red diesel, it’s always a good idea to double check your individual usage with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
Below is a guide to using red diesel and it should be used as a guide only to help answer some simple questions regarding the rules around using gas oil.
If you’d like to speak with one of our team about using gas oil, please call us now on 0845 271 7007
When Can I Use Red Diesel?
The rules on red diesel depend on your automobile and what you’re using it for, there are some rules on what you can use red diesel for. Here we give you a breakdown of the latest rules on red diesel as they can be complicated and relatively confusing.
What Vehicles Do The Rules On Using Red Diesel Apply To?
- Tractors and light farming vehicles, for example, self-propelled cutters – providing they are merely used for gardening, agriculture or forestry purposes.
- Gritters and automobiles used to clear snowfall
- Road structure vehicles
- Movable cranes and bulldozers
- Construction vehicles, e.g. diggers, JCBs and tippers.
- Vehicles approved for partial use and which are merely used for farming, forestry or gardening purposes. These automobiles can likewise only be used on open roads amongst different parts of land utilised by the same individual, and the distance must not surpass 1.5km
- Work vehicles must obey the same guidelines as above though the distance can’t exceed 1km
Is There Any Restriction To Using Red Diesel For Agricultural Contractors?
You can use red diesel as long as you are using it exclusively for farming, horticultural or forestry work and the automobile must be listed for agriculture use.
What Are The Penalty Charges For Using The Wrong Diesel?
If you’re found to be using red diesel in a position where you shouldn’t be you might be penalised between £250 and £500. Your automobile could likewise be detained.
Can I Carry Two Separate Tanks So I Can Switch Between White And Red Diesel?
No, this is not likely as it’s unlawful to transport two diesel cisterns that are equally able to be joined to the diesel engine.
Here at Speedy Fuels, we’re a family run business, reliably supplying red diesel to the building and farming industry. So if you’re looking for a consistent and expert company to cover your red diesel requirements make certain we’re your main port of call.
If you would like to know a little more about using or buying red diesel then please give us a call now on 0845 271 7007
Review source Facebook click here