Speedy Fuels are a Nationwide Fuel and Lubricants Supplier based in London, with depots throughout the UK. Our UK-wide… Read more
HVO Fuel Supplier
HVO fuel is a sustainable and renewable diesel alternative with 90% lower greenhouse emissions
HVO fuel (hydrotreated vegetable oil) fuel is our sustainable and renewable alternative to diesel and gas oil. Consider this environmentally-friendly fuel if you are concerned about the environmental impact that fossil diesel has.
Speedy Fuels can supply HVO fuel wherever you are in the UK and whenever you need it, with 92% of orders delivered within 24 hours. To go fossil-free and reduce your operational footprint, call us today on 0330 123 3773.
What is HVO fuel?
HVO fuel is a paraffinic, premium quality second-generation renewable fuel that provides a cleaner-burning alternative for use in diesel engines. Suitable for use in on-road and off-road applications, it reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 90%.
Speedy HVO fuel has zero fossil and FAME content as it’s synthesised solely from 100% renewable raw materials such as vegetable and animal oils and fats.
HVO fuel provides a straightforward alternative for businesses who are currently using fossil fuels and are looking to lower their carbon emissions.
It can be used as a direct drop-in replacement for white diesel without having to make any adjustments to your engines as it conforms to EN15940 standard for paraffinic fuels, the Fuel Quality Directive 2009/30/EC Annex 2 and a range of OEM approvals.
Speedy HVO fuel has a shelf life of up to 10 years compared to 1 year for regular diesel, which means there’s a reduced need for regular fuel testing and standing stock replacement.
Simply place an order of HVO fuel and top up your existing stocks to start going fossil-free today with Speedy Fuels. Call 0330 123 3773 to speak to a member of the team or fill in our quick form and we’ll be in touch soon.
Benefits of HVO fuel
There are plenty of advantages that HVO fuel offers over mineral diesel, both environmental and practical, including:
- FAME-free, fossil-free & sulphur-free
- 100% hydrocarbon, sustainable, renewable and biodegradable
- Up to 90% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- Shelf-life of up to 10 years compared to 1 year for mineral diesel
- Drop-in alternative for mineral diesel (confirming to EN15940) and approved by numerous OEMs
- Exceptional cold-weather performance
- Produced from renewable and sustainable sources
HVO fuel is certified by the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification organisation (ISCC). Each shipment to Speedy Fuels is supplied with a certificate authenticating the Renewability and Sustainability of the product as well as the overall GHG CO2e (g/MJ) figure associated with the shipment and comparing that with an internationally recognised reference figure for fossil transport fuel. Our Net 90% reduction claim is a minimum GHG reduction figure based upon HVO fuel technology and is in fact higher. We only claim 90% GHG reduction due to variability on a batch to batch basis. Furthermore, Speedy Fuels offsets the delivery mileage associated with all our deliveries.
Speedy HVO fuel OEM approvals
It has a huge range of OEM approvals for use in modern diesel engines and off-road machinery, including generators, vehicles and industrial power systems.
HVO fuel OEM Approvals
|Heavy Duty Road Vehicles||Passenger Cars||Non-road Use|
Fully renewable and sustainable
HVO fuel is manufactured/synthesised from waste fats and vegetable oils that can be re-grown when new feedstock is needed.
- HVO fuel is readily biodegradable by OECD 301(b), improving environmental safety
- HVO fuel offers up to 90% reduction in CO2 & reduces NOx, PM and CO emissions
The clean burn properties of Speedy HVO fuel cut particulate production, helping to increase the lifetime of emission control systems in addition to improving engine cleanliness. HVO fuel offers improved combustion properties in engines, contributing to reduce emissions and improve air quality.
HVO fuel vs FAME biodiesel
HVO fuel is a new competitor in the market against first-generation FAME (fatty acid methyl ester), B100 or biodiesel.
FAME has been around for a long time now, but it has continued to suffer from a number of problems that decrease its shelf-life when in storage:
- FAME biodiesel has varying degrees of unsaturation which are susceptible to oxidation
- FAME biodiesel absorbs atmospheric moisture, increasing the risk of microbial attack over time
- FAME biodiesel has problems with use in cold temperatures
All of the above means that FAME diesel has to be regularly monitored to ensure it remains reliable and usable.
HVO fuel has none of these problems, as it’s 100% hydrocarbon. As a synthetic product, the molecules are consistent and uniform. This means that HVO fuel performs much better than regular diesel in several areas:
- No sulphur content – cleaner burn and reduced emissions, making it suitable for use in “clean air zones”
- Better cold temperature performance – excellent cold start properties in winter
- Up to 10-year storage lifetime compared to 1 year for mineral diesel
- High cetane number – offers improved starting performance, clean combustion and a reduced likelihood of waxing in cold weather
For a competitive quote on your HVO fuel delivery, call the Speedy Fuels team today on 0330 123 3773
HVO fuel UK suppliers
In the past, HVO fuel has been difficult to get hold of due to its limited availability, which posed problems for companies wanting to reduce their carbon footprint. Speedy Fuels has a large stock of Speedy HVO fuel which can be delivered to any site in the UK within usual delivery timescales, in whatever quantity you need.
Request a HVO fuel price quote
Speedy Fuels is a trusted UK-wide supplier of fuels and we can supply you with any quantity of HVO fuel you require. For a quick and competitive HVO fuel price, call 0330 123 3773.
If you would like to know a little more, visit our HVO fuel FAQ.
* Speedy Fuels HVO fuel complies with BS EN 15940 being the British Standard for paraffinic diesel fuel which is a new generation of cleaner transport fuel for use in road vehicles. If your vehicle is still within the manufacturer`s warranty or if you have taken out mechanical breakdown insurance, we recommend you check with the manufacturer or insurer that use of our product will not affect your cover. We cannot be held responsible for any issues with your vehicle connected to its age or pre-existing condition.